The British Neurotoxin Network (BNN) was founded on the 14th October 2011 to gather British clinicians who use Botulinum toxin (BoNT-A) injections for the treatment of focal dystonia, spasticity and other neurological disorders.
Available on this website are a series of Maps presenting both patients and doctors with the most appropriate medical centre for the treatment of each condition type.
I hope it will contribute to a better care for patients who require Botulinum toxin treatment throughout the United Kingdom.
Dr Marie-Helene Marion, Founder of the BNN
About the BNN (British Neurotoxin Network)
The purpose of our organisation is:
- To promote communication between clinicians running BoNT-A clinics in the UK.
- To maintain up-to-date UK maps displaying the availability of BoNT-A services, in order to help clinicians and patients get the most appropriate care for a specific condition.
- To establish consensus regarding best practice throughout the UK, concerning doses, injection sites, the use of EMG or ultra-sound-guided injections and so forth.
- To improve BoNT-A services, namely through the promotion of local care via BoNT-A nurses and BoNT-A physiotherapists and in partnership with the Dystonia Society.
- To promote a multidisciplinary approach with our colleagues ENT, Maxillo-facial, rehabilitation, dermatologists and ophthalmologists.
We believe that, through these goals, the BNN will contribute to better care for patients requiring BoNT-A treatment and will act as a task force to work in partnership with the NHS, the pharmaceutical industry and patients support groups such as the Dystonia Society.
The British Neurotoxin Network is a non profit company registered no 8263014.
The company is funded by membership fees and non restricted educational grants from AbbVie, Ipsen and Merz for equal parts.
The members of the board of directors are:
Dr Marie-Helene Marion, founder of the BNN (London) 2012- current, President of the BNN.
Dr Sunil Wimalaratna ( Oxford) 2012-current.
Dr Timothy Harrower ( Exeter) 2012-current.
Dr Richard Grunwald ( Sheffield) 2012-2016.
Dr Miles Humberstone ( Lincoln & Nottingham) 2016-current, (Chair).
Dr Christopher Kobylecki (Manchester) 2022-current.
Dr Marie-Helene Marion
Dr Sunil Wimalartna
Dr Christopher Kobylecki